Friday, July 2, 2010

Looking Darling!



Anna Sui black liquid liner, Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick - Lover , 20s finger waves


I love looking like a darling everyday with a perfect make up and hairdo. I started wearing bold eyeliner and red lipstick (once in a while) since I got into college and I've been addicted since.

I got sad melancholic eyes, maybe because I cry all the time since I was a little girl. That's why a black bold eyeliner is a must for me. I have a ritual every morning that I have to follow, otherwise I will be in a very bad mood all day.

I love looks from the twenties to sixties. I usually do twenties/thirties finger waves daily. Sometimes forties/fifties hairdo.



I got this nautical themed sailor top from Bangkok :)

20s finger wave up do, black Anna Sui pencil liner, Mac lipstick - Ruby Woo.



At Balangan Beach, Bali :)




My Daily Ritual

- Face treatment, lotion, eye cream, and SPF (a must!)
I use Anna Sui products for face treatment and Kiehl's eye cream and SPF.
- My make up : face powder, red blush, black eyebrow powder, black waterproof eyeliner, red
lipstick. I use Anna Sui for all my make up. A lot of people have asked me about my fantastic eyeliner. I use Anna Sui waterproof pencil eyeliner in Black. Sometimes I use liquid eyeliner too if I'm not lazy :p



Anna Sui loose powder, compact powder, eyebrow powder, black liquid liner, red blush, black pencil liner



I love twenties and forties hair!

My inspirations are Jean Harlow and Helen Kane from the Thirties, and Rita Hayworth, Veronica Lake and Lucille Ball from the Forties. Movies with vintage settings always made me melt and want to try more hairstyles.


The key of doing vintage hair is bobby pins and hairspray. I tend to use a lot of hairspray when I'm doing 20s/30s finger waves. For 40s pin curls, you need lots of bobby pins. I usually pin curl my hair from the night before, the curls will stay longer that way. I have a super straight hair, and it took a long time for me to do my hair everyday ( my fiance is always complaining... ) , so I perm my hair permanently. It's easier to style my hair now that I have curls. I did digital wave once every year to get natural waves, but permanent pin curl suits me better, I think.

My vintage inspired hairdo is modernized by me. I do some authentic vintage hairdo, but I tend to simplify them for daily casual looks. I love to do authentic vintage hairdo more often though.



Factory girl forties hairstyle ( Betty Paige's bangs )




Afternoon coffee
Forties wave with side swept back...my hair is so flat :(


Don't forget to re-apply your lipstick after meal or drinks :)

You should always have at least one lipstick in your bag. I always have 3 different lipstick with me all the time...haha...one can never have too many...



I use Anna Sui liquid liner for my eyeliner and under eye false lashes
Chanel lipstick-Lover, Anna Sui lip liner no 400


Anna Sui lip moisturizer, Mac Ruby Woo, Anna Sui no 400, Chanel Lover
I also love Mac Russian Red and Guerlain ( I forgot the title... )



Well, that's about it on my vintage-daily looks-make up-hairdo.


Will post again soon :)

Have a good day!

Love,
Pupu










No comments:

Post a Comment